Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Training In Different System

June 6, 2006 7:05pm |

Every Tuesday I'm always excited to go to a PTK class but not last night. Why? I thought we could have learned more on Pekiti Tersia and unfortunately it was on a different shift. The story begins like this; On Saturday, June 3rd our Guro is visiting Miami, FL school and was advised that to go with my classmates to meet him and train with him. Although I tried to squeeze in my time to be able to be with them but I was unlucky. Came Tuesday, on the night of our class, the people who went to see him were taught a different system. Not that it's bad but I was thinking that they brought in Pekiti Tersia new lessons or lessons to practice. For the whole hour we have not learned any Pekiti Tersia lessons because they've been pumped up with a different style of FMA.

I was a bit disappointed that night because I wanted so much to learn more on PTK and concentrate more on it. This is what I don't like - instead of learning one system up to our potential, they brought wrong lessons. Don't get me wrong about absorbing different systems but I for one, wouldn't be mixed up with different lessons. I may have an excuse not learning more on Balintawak because I have no one to train with and learning PTK is closer.

My frustrations sometimes way above the roof because I wanted to learn more about PTK - I've been adopting the system as a way of life learning the core and tradition. There is so much to learn in PTK and taking other lessons from another style was not my idea of learning... this is my problem, once I started to learn one system; I like to finish it in one system. If there are other lessons from another system then we can use it for analyzing and apply PTK to be more effective

No comments: