Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Student of the Year?

This is something that I don't understand. Recognition is good but when it comes to something you're not familiar with, totally surprising! During the years of training in PTK, I am able to search and research any possible ways to learn more - I got videos and advices to keep me on track but there is nothing compared than learning from a master. I need live one! (laughing aside). Intellectual training is easy but it needs to train both. Motor skills are just a portion of the learning process but this portion serves a great virtue to ones physical being.

Being acknowledged as such, doesn't serve me as a good student but it only serves for the purpose of gaining interests - not for me, for the school. Aha, that must be it! Anyway, there is a plus side of this whole story. Being a Filipino have a large margin of advantages. By blood, majority of Pinoys (Filipinos) are warriors... trade is just third of the equation. Remember the history between Datu Lapu-Lapu and Ferdinand Magellan? The war between these two warriors spun a whole different perspective about fighting. It didn't tell in any history books on how he was killed and type of fighting system was. However, Filipinos have great pride of acknowledging Datu Lapu-Lapu's victory over Magellan.

This must be the reason why Filipinos are such good on learning to fight. Little supervision, he creates tons of tricks of the trade. That's what probably the reason I got the award. Naahhh... they must be happy that I can accomplish great things quickly - natural? don't think so! I just have good understanding on what is infront of me... well, I don't stop learning as long as my brain keeps on electrified with good training.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear cousin, CONGRATULATIONS... you'rea always find good things in your endeavors since you were young.